Thursday, March 3, 2016

Honesty


















We all ask, beg and expect the truth from others, but we're willing to lie and/or hide something if it is to our personal benefit. I watched an internet radio show earlier and the topic was, Why We Lie? It was more about the lies we tell in our relationships. The question was posed, "Does your relationship compromise your manhood/womanhood? Do you have to lie to keep your relationship alive? I have been thinking about this all day. One thing I despise is dishonesty. No matter how it affects me initially I want the unfiltered truth. I've been called mean my entire life because I don't know how to lie effectively. In no way am I acting like I don't lie, I do it often. I'm big on protecting peoples feelings, which helps me justify telling half-truths. The problem is (in my opinion) that we've been conditioned to lie since we were younger. How many times have you heard adults tell a little boy, “it doesn't hurt be quiet”, when they're hurt? Obviously there are instances when you tell someone to suck it up, but imagine a person telling you how you're feeling. The media here is a prime example of dishonest practices. Its all around us, political campaigns on the tv and internet. These politicians sit up and put on fronts in order to gain supporters, which is phony as well. I listen to rap music and rappers are always talking about “keeping it real”. It goes without saying though, anybody that has to keep shouting how real they are can't believe their own words. I was heavy into religion until I realized that a lot of the things I blindly believed was not factual. It's impossible to be religious and well read. I literally have been on a mission to live in truth. Now that truth can differ for every individual because we're all different in someways. One of the books I read tht helped me tremendously was Empire Of Illusion: The End Of Literacy and The Trump Of Spectacle by Chris Hedges. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to open their eyes to the truth. I want feedback o this topic so feel free to comment. Are you honest with yourself on a daily basis? How easy is it for you to tell a lie? What makes a lie justifiable? Does white lies count as being dishonest? Feel free to add on and share this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment