Monday, June 8, 2015

Accountability (Taking a look in the mirror.)

Image result for man in the mirror

 I actually got this idea after I heard Micheal Jackson's song Man In The Mirror. There comes a time in every person's life when we have to take a long look in the mirror. It's not easy at all but self-reflection must be done. Often times we let ourselves off the hook by facilitating blame on others. For as long as I can remember I've heard women with children talk down on their child's father. It was done regularly in the child's presence. Men aren't exempt either sometimes guys complain to their boys about how their baby mama ain't sh!t. One thing I realize about it now is how easy it is to speak on another person's shortcomings. It makes us sleep better at night, there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with us.We have to start holding ourselves accountable. We give others too much power over our actions. Adults shouldn't blame anyone for their mistakes and issues. I'm not saying that others don't play a role in our hardships. Sure people help make our lives miserable, but its up to us to get where we want to be in life. I've had people tell me I can't do certain things, laugh at my ideas and just completely ignore my suggestions. I'm not going to act like it didn't affect me, we all want backing and support. I recognize people who don't see greatness within themselves will lack the vision that you have for yourself. People aren't the only ones that tell us we cant do things. If we allow our surroundings to influence us, it will also show us we can't escape them. I don't like other factors having control over my mind, so if the world tells me its impossible, I still push forward. My advice is if you believe in your heart  that you're called to greatness, don't let anything or anybody stand in your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment