Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happiness

Image result for happiness

This past weekend I attended the Detroit River Days Festival and I had a really good time. I initially went to support my little sister, she's in the choir at Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences. After their performance wowed the crowd, I decided to stay and enjoy the other acts. I was very delighted to see Chante Moore perform, as well as the legendary Gladys Knight. I had the most fun that I've experienced in a while. I decided to go back to the festival on Sunday. I'm glad I went back, I got to see Dave Hollister, Jagged Edge and Bell Biv Devoe perform. Opening for them was a talented Detroit artist, Shay Lewis. She did a wonderful job entertaining the crowd, before one of her songs she asked the audience members a few questions.  1: Do you have  have dreams? 2: Are you living out those dreams? 3: Are you HAPPY? Those questions are the basis of this discussion. I thought to myself as she asked these things, I found myself in the gray area. I am living out some of my dreams and there are a few more manifesting gradually but I couldn't answer yes on the part about being happy. Thinking back I can't even recall a specific time in my life where I've ever been completely happy. It always felt like the good times were few and far in between. I've always been a glass half-empty guy, which isn't very healthy. I'm learning to embrace the process and accept temporary setbacks. Every experience, "good" or "bad", is a building block on the path of life. I really wanted to release my first book ( Blame It On The Music) on June 30th, but that isn't going to happen. There's no reason to be down or sad about it. I have confidence that when I'm able to release it, it will be a major success. In this process I've learned that personal happiness is something that we all have control over. To me happiness is really about having inner peace. I will stop attaching my personal happiness with monetary and materialistic items. Just like that I am feeling a lot better about my life and dreams. I want to thank Shay Lewis for using her gift as a tool of inspiration and motivation. I hope my words will do the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment