Thursday, November 19, 2015

MY LETTER TO THE SISTERS


    



 Letter to Black Women

Too often in this generation we're reminded of the division that exists in the Black Family structure. Our relationships are so damaged and fragile to say the least. We're constantly the butt of jokes and exposed to ridicule, most of which is self-inflicted. I want to start off by saying that I appreciate you melanated Queens, mothers of the earth. If you ever feel like no one cares about you, I want you to think again. It is because of you that we all have life. Because of you we know what beauty, strength, perseverance and ambition is. Your presence is so calming and necessary. Understand that I'm here to be of assistance to you, we don't have to compete. You don't have to be less confrontational or ignore your needs, for us to get along. You are not beneath me or anyone else and if people tell you anything different then they don't deserve you. I plead with you to set your own standards of beauty, society has lied to you all this time. You don't have to straighten your hair or show your assets in order for me to see your worth. You don't need to alter your body to catch a good guy or to get a few likes. Your physique was handcrafted like no other. Your smile lights the world, you're perfection in my eyes. You are royalty and I'm here to remind you if you forgot. Lift your heads up and wear your crown with dignity, the world will fall in line all because of your example. I love you and will always have your back, front, side or whatever you need.



Signed, King Eric

4 comments: